Booking Guidelines for Members participating in Organised events/travel
- All events will be displayed on the website in advance of the General Assemblies and issued in a monthly bulletin emailed to all members.
- Events will be launched at the General Assemblies when bookings and payments will be taken. No bookings or payments will be accepted before this date, including enquiries made via the website. In the event of more members wishing to make bookings than we have places available reserve lists will be started.
- If places are available after the General Assemblies, then members may use the website, e-mail or telephone the organiser of the event to book their places and arrange payment.
- A date for final payment will be published and monies must be paid on or before this date, otherwise the booking is not secured and will be forfeited. Names will then be taken from the reserve list. (Late bookings may be acceptable subject to availability.)
- Membership cards and contact details must be shown for all bookings.
- At our General Assemblies a couple will be able to book for one other couple (that is a total of four places). A single person will be able to book for one other member, provided in all cases that Membership cards and contact details for all persons are shown to the organisers at the time of booking.
- Members participate in activities at their own risk and are responsible for arranging their own insurances.
- U3A Refund Policy: No refund, including deposit and final payment, will be given unless a replacement can be found.
- Coach Trips: To avoid any misunderstanding, a seating policy has been agreed, stating that all members must keep their original seats for the entire trip.
- TCET organisers are available at General Assemblies at 10:00 to accept bookings for activities, trips and events. To make sure that Travel, Culture and Entertainment Team members and organisers are not disadvantaged it will be necessary to allow them to pre-book events/travel.
Your co-operation and patience at the time of booking would be appreciated
- Members are reminded that they are responsible for their own insurance. U3A is not liable in any respect for any loss or injury that may be suffered by Members whilst participating in the Association’s activities.
- Please note that, at times, it is necessary for the U3A to make deposits with travel agents for future trips, and whilst we do not anticipate any such problems, in the event of a travel agent or hotelier becoming bankrupt, U3A Vall del Pop would not be in a position to refund any losses that might occur. We strongly recommend that you ensure that your own personal travel insurance provides cover for any such losses.
- Please make sure that you travel with the appropriate documents ( NIE, passport, medical cover, residency) require if hospital treatment needed.
Remember that travel insurance covers you not only for your medical needs, but for loss or damage to your belongings
Updated - 21 Jan 2020