Enjoying The Fresh Air
This time each year many of us review our aims for the new year and some of us, in recognition of the ongoing covid pandemic, have thought we should take more advantage of the glorious weather we get in this part of Spain to enjoy the fresh air. We can do this in many ways:
- We can get out into our garden,
- We can go for walks or to the beach, and
- We can join a Walking Group to also enjoy exercise and spectacular views.
The U3A Vall del Pop Monday Ramblers offer just this opportunity, of organised walks within range of our valley(s). As an example of what they can offer I contacted Paul Leniston, the organiser and coordinator, to learn about some recent rambles/walks.
- In November they did the Seguili circuit from Benidoleig and unusually witnessed a spectacular rainbow over Benidoleig [See top photo].
- A second walk took them to Orba castle from Parcent.
- A third walk took them to another castle, this time Castel d’Axia from Pedreguer, from where they enjoyed sensational coastal views down the valley [See photo below].
- A fourth walk was a pleasant 14km ramble from Jalon to Parcent.
Paul keeps the groups to manageable numbers and offers walks of varying intensity, so that anyone who is reasonable fit will be able to enjoy some, if not all of the walks. What cannot be beaten are the places he selects for their mid ramble break – not only fresh air but spectacular views and exercise. Our three a week all in one lot.
If you would like more information about the Monday Ramblers please visit their group page