Doors open at 10am for membership and Travel, Cultural and Entertainment events.
Formal General Assembly starts at 11am
Refreshments are available before and after the General Assembly.
"The Curse of the Royal Bloodline"
Talk by David Rohl
David will introduce you to the work of his big brother – historian Professor John Rohl – who has been researching a possible link between some of the great events of recent history and a disease carried by the dynastic royal families of Britain and Europe. The story involves a little-known gene mutation called Porphyria, passing through the blood of the royals from James I, through to ‘Mad King George’, and to Queen Victoria, who then passed the curse on to the Royal Houses of continental Europe through the marriages of her children.
Be prepared for some surprises!
Parking is available in the car park, which is signposted, and in adjacent roads.
PLEASE NOTE: The Ayuntamiento has requested that nobody park on the main road.
FROM ONDARA (ITV ROUNDABOUT)
• Follow CV731 to Orba, through Benidoleig.
• Continue through Orba and turn left at the Masymas junction, zeroing your tripometer.
• At the next roundabout, take the second exit, sign posted Parcent and BENIDORM.
• Pass the Gasorba petrol station (1.5kms) and continue up over the hill.
• Pass the Nou Portet restaurant (3.5kms) and at the next junction turn right, signposted Murla and Benigembla.
• Follow this winding road for 1.6kms, and you will find the Polivalent, a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.
• At the bridge coming out of Jalon, zero your tripometer
• @ 2.0km, turn left, T-junction signposted Parcent
• Take the first right, with CastellVi Restaurant on the right.
• Follow the road over the hills, and at the T-junction @ 4.2km, turn right, signposted Orba.
• @ 4.7km, turn left, signposted Murla and Benigembla - the bus garage is opposite the junction.
• Follow that winding road to Murla.
• @ 6.3km, you have reached the Polivalent in Murla. It is a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.