Doors open at 10am for membership and Travel, Cultural and Entertainment events.
Formal General Assembly starts at 11am
Refreshments are available before and after the General Assembly.
Peter Niessink – 62 years
I am an orthopaedic shoe technician and orthopaedic lasts maker. I am also a qualified Dutch Podiatrist and Physiotherapist.
I worked for 7 + years (1980 – 1988) as a Physiotherapist in Nigeria, West Africa, for the treatment of leprosy and polio patients.
From 1988-1989 I worked as a technical manager in Nigeria, Suriname and Turkey to install shoe-work centres in Turkey and Suriname and train local shoemakers in making Protective Footwear for the neuropathic foot.
Also, I have 6 years worked (1989-1995) as a Physiotherapist in a nursing home the Kleyne Vaert in Enschede, Netherlands.
After qualifying as a Podiatrist in 1995 I worked for 17 years in my private practice and taught podiatry to the Saxion University for 7 years.
During this time I also followed training in lastmaking and orthopaedic shoe making ( bespoke ) and then worked 3 years (2013-2016) in the orthopaedic shoe technology in the Netherlands at AchilleonZorg in Drachten. I have a BSc. Physiotherapy, BSc. Podiatry and diploma’s in orthopaedic lastmaking and orthopaedic shoemaking.
1. Leprosy f.i. Nigeria, Norway, Nepal, Spain ( Fontilles ).
2. Neuropathy: Leprosy and Diabetes Mellitus, woundcare
3. Chiropody and podiatry in Spain: home visits, inlays, medical foot care, shoes, fall prevention , good to know subjects.
4. Orthopaedic appliances: orthotics, prosthetics and orthopaedic shoes
5. Rehabilitation after total hip- or knee-replacement. Medifit/HCB Moraira and Benidorm
6. Travels and working in different cultures: Nigeria, USA, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Surinam, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Turkey and Israel.
Renewals are now due and payment can be made at this General Assembly.
Renewal subscription - €7
New Members subscription - €12
You can also renew or sign up at the General Assembly on February 6th or the AGM on March 5th
There are also two more satellite sessions for renewals.
18 February, Bar Capuccino, Orba - 11am - 1pm
17 March, Jalon Valley Help's Animo Centre, Alcalali - 11am - 1pm
Parking is available in the car park, which is signposted, and in adjacent roads.
PLEASE NOTE: The Ayuntamiento has requested that nobody park on the main road.
FROM ONDARA (ITV ROUNDABOUT)
• Follow CV731 to Orba, through Benidoleig.
• Continue through Orba and turn left at the Masymas junction, zeroing your tripometer.
• At the next roundabout, take the second exit, sign posted Parcent and BENIDORM.
• Pass the Gasorba petrol station (1.5kms) and continue up over the hill.
• Pass the Nou Portet restaurant (3.5kms) and at the next junction turn right, signposted Murla and Benigembla.
• Follow this winding road for 1.6kms, and you will find the Polivalent, a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.
• At the bridge coming out of Jalon, zero your tripometer
• @ 2.0km, turn left, T-junction signposted Parcent
• Take the first right, with CastellVi Restaurant on the right.
• Follow the road over the hills, and at the T-junction @ 4.2km, turn right, signposted Orba.
• @ 4.7km, turn left, signposted Murla and Benigembla - the bus garage is opposite the junction.
• Follow that winding road to Murla.
• @ 6.3km, you have reached the Polivalent in Murla. It is a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.