The Classical Guitar
by Mike Pick
Mike has played all types of guitar in most styles and types of venue and is a qualified (retired!) teacher of music. Mike's favourite guitar is the classical Spanish guitar, which for him is the most expressive of all guitars and the hardest to master.
Where the Spanish guitar originated and how it evolved will be described, showing briefly its construction whilst showing the art of the luthier. Development of modern guitars will also be covered.
Mike will demonstrate the guitar's versatility and how the sounds are produced during the talk, finishing with a performance of a few of Mike's favourite pieces.
Parking is available in the car park, which is signposted, and in adjacent roads.
PLEASE NOTE: The Ayuntamiento has requested that nobody park on the main road.
FROM ONDARA (ITV ROUNDABOUT)
• Follow CV731 to Orba, through Benidoleig.
• Continue through Orba and turn left at the Masymas junction, zeroing your tripometer.
• At the next roundabout, take the second exit, sign posted Parcent and BENIDORM.
• Pass the Gasorba petrol station (1.5kms) and continue up over the hill.
• Pass the Nou Portet restaurant (3.5kms) and at the next junction turn right, signposted Murla and Benigembla.
• Follow this winding road for 1.6kms, and you will find the Polivalent, a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.
• At the bridge coming out of Jalon, zero your tripometer
• @ 2.0km, turn left, T-junction signposted Parcent
• Take the first right, with CastellVi Restaurant on the right.
• Follow the road over the hills, and at the T-junction @ 4.2km, turn right, signposted Orba.
• @ 4.7km, turn left, signposted Murla and Benigembla - the bus garage is opposite the junction.
• Follow that winding road to Murla.
• @ 6.3km, you have reached the Polivalent in Murla. It is a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.