I have a scientific background, having given up history in the fourth form, and worked in the timber, building and railway industries. Since coming to Spain, I have taken an interest in Spanish History, and have been fortunate in obtaining many Guest Lecturing assignments on cruise ships, as well as U3A’s and History groups, covering Scientific and Historical topics.
The Romanov's 1613 to 1918
The dynasty was established in 1613 when Mikhail 1 was proclaimed Tsar. His prominent successors were Peter the Great, Catherine the Great, and Alexander 1. The dynasty abruptly concluded with the assassination of Nicholas 11 in 1918.
Parking is available in the car park, which is signposted, and in adjacent roads.
PLEASE NOTE: The Ayuntamiento has requested that nobody park on the main road.
FROM ONDARA (ITV ROUNDABOUT)
• Follow CV731 to Orba, through Benidoleig.
• Continue through Orba and turn left at the Masymas junction, zeroing your tripometer.
• At the next roundabout, take the second exit, sign posted Parcent and BENIDORM.
• Pass the Gasorba petrol station (1.5kms) and continue up over the hill.
• Pass the Nou Portet restaurant (3.5kms) and at the next junction turn right, signposted Murla and Benigembla.
• Follow this winding road for 1.6kms, and you will find the Polivalent, a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.
• At the bridge coming out of Jalon, zero your tripometer
• @ 2.0km, turn left, T-junction signposted Parcent
• Take the first right, with CastellVi Restaurant on the right.
• Follow the road over the hills, and at the T-junction @ 4.2km, turn right, signposted Orba.
• @ 4.7km, turn left, signposted Murla and Benigembla - the bus garage is opposite the junction.
• Follow that winding road to Murla.
• @ 6.3km, you have reached the Polivalent in Murla. It is a large grey and white building on the left, approximately 100m past the Murla signpost.