Booking Guidelines for Members participating in Organised events/travel
- All events will be displayed on the website in advance of the General Assemblies together with the terms and conditions.
- Events will be launched at the General Assemblies, subject to the terms and conditions set out on the website. No bookings or payments will be accepted before this date, including enquiries made via the website. In the event of more members wishing to make bookings than we have places available reserve lists will be started.
- When payments are made the person booking will be asked to read and approve the terms and conditions before paying and signing their approval.
- If places are available after the General Assemblies, then members may use the website, e-mail or telephone the organiser of the event to book their places, arrange payment and carry out the procedure set out as above.
- A date for final payment will be published and monies must be paid on or before this date, otherwise the booking is not secured and will be forfeited. Names will then be taken from the reserve list. (Late bookings may be acceptable subject to availability.)
- Membership cards and contact details must be shown for all bookings.
- At the General Assemblies, a couple will be able to book for one other couple (that is a total of four places). A single person will be able to book for one other member provided, in all cases, that Membership cards and contact details for all persons are shown to the organisers at the time of booking and that the members, in their absence, are fully aware of the terms and conditions, that are displayed on the website and that the member booking is acting on their behalf.
- Members participate in activities at their own risk and are responsible for arranging their own insurance.
- U3A Refund Policy: No refund, including deposit and final payment, will be given unless another member can be found as a replacement.
- TCET organisers are available at General Assemblies at 10:00 to accept bookings for activities, trips and events. To make sure that Travel, Culture and Entertainment Team members and organisers are not disadvantaged it will be necessary to allow them to pre-book events/travel.
Your co-operation and patience at the time of booking would be appreciated
Insurance and Exclusion of Liability of the U3A, its Committee and Members
- Please note that, at times, it is necessary for the U3A to make deposits with travel agents for future trips. In the event of a travel agent or hotelier becoming bankrupt, U3A Vall del Pop would NOT be liable for the bankruptcy of such agents, hotel or other providers.
- We strongly recommend that you ensure that your own personal travel insurance provides cover for any such losses.
- Please make sure that you travel with the appropriate documents which maybe required.
Remember that travel insurance covers you not only for your medical needs, but for loss or damage to your belongings
Updated - January 2022