Booking Guidelines for Members participating in Organised events/travel
- All events will be displayed on the website in advance of the General Assemblies together with the terms and conditions.
- Events will be launched at the General Assemblies, subject to the terms and conditions set out on the website. No bookings or payments will be accepted before this date, including enquiries made via the website. In the event of more members wishing to make bookings than we have places available reserve lists will be started.
- When payments are made the person booking will be asked to read and approve the terms and conditions before paying and signing their approval.
- If places are available after the General Assemblies, then members may use the website, e-mail or telephone the organiser of the event to book their places, arrange payment and carry out the procedure set out as above.
- A date for final payment will be published and monies must be paid on or before this date, otherwise the booking is not secured and will be forfeited. Names will then be taken from the reserve list. (Late bookings may be acceptable subject to availability.) Please see below amendment.
- Membership cards and contact details must be shown for all bookings.
- At the General Assemblies, a couple will be able to book for one other couple (that is a total of four places). A single person will be able to book for one other member provided, in all cases, that Membership cards and contact details for all persons are shown to the organisers at the time of booking and that the members, in their absence, are fully aware of the terms and conditions, that are displayed on the website and that the member booking is acting on their behalf.
- Please make sure that you travel with the appropriate documents which maybe required. As you may be aware now extra documentation may be asked for/needed. If you feel you cannot give all information this may result in you not taking part on a particular event/activity.
- Members participate in activities at their own risk and are responsible for arranging their own insurance.
- U3A Refund Policy: No refund, including deposit and final payment, will be given unless another member can be found as a replacement, especially if the payment has already been paid to the hotel.
- TCET organisers are available at General Assemblies at 10:00 to accept bookings for activities, trips and events. To make sure that Travel, Culture and Entertainment Team members and organisers are not disadvantaged it will be necessary to allow them to pre-book events/travel.
Your co-operation and patience at the time of booking would be appreciated
Insurance and Exclusion of Liability of the U3A, its Committee and Members
- Please note that, at times, it is necessary for the U3A to make deposits with travel agents for future trips. In the event of a travel agent or hotelier becoming bankrupt, U3A Vall del Pop would NOT be liable for the bankruptcy of such agents, hotel or other providers.
- We strongly recommend that you ensure that your own personal travel insurance (taken out at the time of booking) provides cover for any such losses. The agent’s insurance is VERY basic and does not cover cancellations, medical emergencies, personal belongings etc.
Remember that travel insurance covers you not only for your medical needs, but for loss or damage to your belongings we cannot stress this enough to avoid disappointment and loss of funds.
AMENDMENT FROM 1ST MARCH 2024
A new directive from the above date will apply to payments. Any payment for a trip/event etc. under 50euros, will have to be paid for at the time of booking. Over 50euros and a 50% deposit will be required. We have had to implement this to stop having to remind members they have yet to pay. It will not be appropriate to ask the person hosting the event to “please put my name down and I will pay at the next meeting etc.”
Also please make sure you have the correct money. We are not a bank and only carry a certain amount of change.
We are sorry to have to bring this change into the booking procedure as we know it will inconvenience some members.
Updated - September 2023