U3A Vall Del Pop Donates to Charities
Throughout the year the U3A Vall del Pop Goodwill Team have been organising events and raffles to raise money for local charities.
With Euro 1,600 collected the members were asked to vote for the charity to whom they would like to donate money. With the votes counted the Goodwill Team presented cheques to the following charities, supporting a wide range of good causes, at our Xmas GA last Thursday, 5th December.
- Euro 600 for Jalon Valley Help was received on their behalf by Elaine Horton.
- Euro 600 for ARC was received on their behalf by Matthew Mason.
- Euro 100 for SCAN was received on their behalf by Barry Caulfield.
- Euro 100 for AFA Teulada/Moraira Alzheimer Unit was received on their behalf by Wilhelmina Hardee.
- Euro 100 for Red Cross was received on their behalf by Barbara Woodruff,
- Euro 100 for Gandia Mens Hostal was going to be taken to them in the next few days.
Each of the recipients gave a brief explanation of the work done by their organisation and thanked the members for their donation, which would be put to very good use.
On behalf of the Goodwill Team Marie Fitzgerald thanked the members for their support this year and looked forward to a series of events next year so we may continue our charity support.