Easter/Spring General Assembly
Despite our best laid plans, for a speaker to encourage us to get out into our garden, covid strikes and Derek Lindley’s talk had to be cancelled until later in the year. The Easter celebratory theme however was retained with Bill White starting the entertainment by giving us a range of popular tunes on his keyboard as we assembled.
The ‘Let’s Sing Together’ group stepped into Derek’s slot and regaled us with four of their most popular songs from their repertory and had us all singing along, to ourselves, and waving to ‘Amarillo’, ‘Day Dream Believer’, ‘Annie’s Song’ and ‘Delilah’. Sandra Welham, the group leader, said if we enjoyed that - then why not join them each Monday at practice – as Bob Welham said, ‘you don’t have to be able to sing – although it could be helpful!!’ as the main aim is to have fun.
The ’Egg-citing’ egg decoration competition had twelve entries requiring Mary Wood, the cake decoration queen of our U3A, some head scratching to decide the best three entries. As these were announced we discovered, in reverse order, the winners were:
- 3rd Place – Dolly Sockett,
- 2nd Place - Sandra Welham, and
- 1st Place – Margaret Taylor [prize collected by Sally Ellis].
As a sure sign that summer is coming the TCET were pleased to remind us of their forth-coming events programme:
- Monday 25th April – La Zenia Shopping Trip
- Wednesday 18th May – Wine Tasting at Los Amigos Alcalali
- Tuesday 24th May - Oceanographic & Bio Parc Valencia Trip
- Friday 3rd June – Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Afternoon Tea at Victoria’s Parcent
- Wednesday 8th June – Night with 20/20 band at Can Tallarina.
Finally, Bob reminded us that at the May GA, Thursday 5th May, our speaker will be Alan Oliver talking about the Franco Years with Pam Brooks and Jayne Nuttal Blake talking about their new project ‘Cancer Care the Valleys’.
So a busy early summer programme